HOPE FOR A CURE....
BEGINS WITH RESEARCH
The research program was developed in 1995 to explore additional treatment options for patients of the practice. In March 2015, we joined the National Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP), essentially establishing a small satellite of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in Pismo Beach. This increases access to new NCI-sponsored clinical trials for local patients. Because of efficiencies in the NCORP, overhead for the research program will decrease, permitting us to use more of our resources for research and patient services. We also remain active in the Mayo Clinic's Academic and Community Cancer Research United (ACCRU) network.
In addition to the trials listed we have access to about 75 clinical trials reviewed by the NCI CIRB. If you are interested in a clinical trial that is not listed ask Sarah Estrada (Sarah@PCROncology.com) if we have access to it.
Open Clinical Trials as of January 2018
LEUKEMIA / LYMPHOMA / MYELOMA / MYELODYSPLASTIC
- ECOG 1A11: Randomized Phase III Trial of Bortezomib, Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone (VRd) Versus Carfilzomib, Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone (CRd) Followed by Limited or Indefinite Duration Lenalidomide Maintenance in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Symptomatic Multiple Myeloma.
- SWOG 1207: Phase III Randomized, Placebo-controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating the Use of Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy +/- One Year of Everolimus in Patients with High-Risk, Hormone Receptor-Positive and HER2/neu Negative Breast Cancer. e3 Breast Cancer Study-evaluating everolimus with endocrine therapy
- A011106: Nested phase III trial of anastrozole, fulvestrant or both starting preoperatively with duration of treatment and decisions about chemotherapy based on the response to preoperative hormonal treatment.
- EAY 131: Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice (MATCH)
- A021502 - Adjuvant chemotherapy for MSI-high or mismatch-repair deficient stage III colon cancer with standard chemotherapy with or without atezolimumab (immunotherapy).
- A151216-Adjuvant Lung Cancer Enrichment Marker Identification and Sequencing Trial (ALCHEMIST)
- ECOG 4512-A Phase III Double-Blind Trial for Surgically Resected Early Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Crizotinib versus Placebo for Patients with Tumors Harboring the Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK) Fusion Protein
- EA 5142 - Adjuvant Nivolumab in Resected Lung Cancers (ANVIL)-A Randomized Phase III Study of Nivolumab After Surgical Resection and Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers
- A081105-Randomized Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study of Erlotinib or Placebo in Patients with Completely Resected Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Mutant Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- COMET Trial: PCR Oncology has been selected to participate in a trial of genetic counseling for patients who participate in the MATCH trial above. Genetic counselors from Penn State will provide counseling for some of the patients who participate in MATCH trial and wish to receive additional counseling.
- EA6141-Randomized Phase II/III study of nivolumab plus ipilimumab with or without sargramostim in patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV melanoma